Friday 22 November 2013

So Called Brandaholics...


I strongly feel each one had two sides to us. One that the world sees and one who we are in the dark. Okay..with some with some exceptions of course. You may take it  offensively  but think about it. Are we R.E.A.L.L.Y. ourselves in front of others?

Completely..?

I kept myself away from the flashy glamy side of Delhi. i found it all too  artificial  and it always made me restless.  Right now, my most important need is to find myself.  Because  I have not found myself yet, my eyes are wide open. I am seeing people. I am observing them. And sadly, most of what I see makes me realize my own shell is a better place for me. Few days back I went to a most posh residential area of my city...The whole place had big magnificent houses, lush gardens at the front, each one finely designed by probably the best architects has to offer. It was like they were on some sort of competition, competing for something so vain as whole house was bigger, whose house was flashier and so and so. It ridiculous..funny actually. Each house had  guards  outside the gates. sitting in the chilling cold(in the night too) has been hit with lately. Agreed, it's their way of earning bread & butter, but it was sad to know the people of these houses sat in air conditioners/heaters(as per the weather) inside while these poor people were out in the cold. There are people who lived in those houses made a point proudly and used to brag about the things that something a normal middle class person could not ever afford and other things of the like. It was very disgusting. Is it all there to people  these days?
Status Symbol..ahh?
My point is human builds walls around themselves and I fail to understand how they can manage it so well  carrying  so many covers on themselves around? Do not they get tired of it? Does not the child in  suffocate? Branded clothes, Branded Shoes, Branded accessories, they all create a Branded you. What's with brand anyways? They are willing to spend so much themselves, just single item, not realizing how many unfortunate people can benefit from the same amount if given for charity. I have seem any women/girls transform themselves completely with new hair styles, new hair color, and makeup..Ohh,,did i mention with imported Brands? 
What happens at the end of the day if there's no one to pretend to? Do they have a conscience that guilty of running away from themselves? Lying with themselves..Cheating themselves with fakeness..Being someone the are not..Putting on so many faces that it kills their natural innocence.


Open up.

Breathe.

Be the beautiful person you really are.

It takes courage to be who you are in the eye of the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment