Tuesday 8 October 2013

Anger


Few years back, I decided I had enough.  I wasn’t happy with my job, my relationships kept falling apart, I was angry and resentful, and generally speaking, my life just wasn’t turning out the way I wanted.  Things weren’t going at all the way I expected life to be going, and I didn’t understand why.
I had plenty of things to blame, though.  If you would have asked me then, I would have blamed lots of people were responsible for every issues.  I might have blamed those who I thought wronged me, or the my relationship that went bad.  I might also have pinned responsibility on the way I was raised or the way I was treated by others growing up.  The one place I wasn’t pointing at was myself.
Gradually it turns out it wasn’t about laying blame or pointing at anyone for responsibility as to how I got where I was.  What I realized was that all the blame and all the responsibility just didn’t matter.  I could blame and complain all I wanted, but that wasn’t going to get me anywhere, and at this stage in my life, I really wanted to get somewhere!
So in a single moment I made a decision.  That no matter what it takes, no matter what circumstances or obstacles got in my way. I was going to turn things around.  In other words, I accepted responsibility from that moment forward, and the decision was made up in my mind, that my life was going to get better.  I remember that moment of decision as strongly and as clearly as the day I made it.  The feeling has never left.
The one big obstacle for me to overcome, which I didn’t realize back then, was that I had a difficult time believing in myself.  That part frustrated me for a long time, but eventually I was able to work on that and develop a belief in myself, which is something I see as key to taking control of your life.
I guess I had to go through it all myself in order to find my own true purpose in life which is to help others in achieving their own highest potentials.  We all have so much power within, to not only improve the quality of our lives, but to make our lives extraordinary.

Believe in yourself always and do whatever you want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment